Ramblings

Monday 9 August 2010

CHINA 2010 THURSDAY 5th AUGUST

I joined Keith this morning to listen to his students presentations. I had just got seated when Helen came along with the Register for Keith to sign. We disappeared into the corridor to have a chat as she was keen to find out what we had been doing in our spare time, and had I been cooking at home. I told her of our visits with Capt. Mao, our adventures in the Botanical Gardens and finally confessing to eating out rather a lot. So by the time I returned Mr. Gu was finishing his presentation and I apologised for missing it. The men have done really well, one Chief Officer telling me in perfect English and without any hesitation how they tested the alarms on the cargo tanks before commencing loading after asking him the question.
The morning session over it was time for lunch. In the afternoon Keith took a CD I had prepared of photos and my blog for the Office, something I had mentioned to Helen.
As the afternoon wore on it become very dark and when Keith returned home around 4pm we had to put the lights on. Just before 6pm we thought we heard thunder and when I went onto the balcony saw many of the pedestrians using umbrellas but then that is not unusual. Not long after with more thunder we had our first heavy rain but it didn’t last very long. The good news is it feels much cooler.
Tonight I attempted to cook a fish in the same style as many of the restaurants we have visited namely with deep slits in the sides and in a sweet soya sauce. There is a recipe in the microwave book and as I had most of the ingredients gave it a try. Success!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home